Electronic Forensics: First Responders Course
The Learners most likely to undertake the First Responders Course are those able to capture or acquire electronic data to lawfully establish evidence that is often found in digital storage mediums and computers. It qualifies individuals who apply a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills in varied contexts to undertake skilled work in Electronic Forensics.
This qualification has been designed to provide a package of defined range of competencies reflecting
the workplace responsibilities to secure digital evidence that is often found in digital storage mediums
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
The Electronic Forensics: First Responders Course is comprised of 8 units of competency leading to a
statement of attainment These have been carefully selected to ensure that they meet industry needs.
This qualification has no pathway
• DEFFOR001 Inspect, maintain and test electronic forensic equipment
• DEFFOR002 Conduct initial electronic investigation
• ICTICT206 Install software application
• ICTICT302 Install and optimise operating system software
• ICTICT303 Connect internal hardware components
• ICTSAS203 Connect hardware peripherals
• ICTSAS205 Maintain IT system integrity
• ICTSAS301 Run standard diagnostic tests
This Qualification is to be delivered online with 320 hours of learning and 40 hours of assessment.
The total time commitment is 360 hours.
Your total investment for the Electronic Forensics: Expert Witness Course is AUD$1,500.00
Call our office to discuss a payment plan that suits you best.
There are no prerequisites for entry into this qualification.
Our training is open and responsive to all people irrespective of age, gender, cultural or ethnic
background, disability, sexuality, unemployment, imprisonment or remote location.
These are likely to be new learners:
• Those wishing to undertake a full qualification to gain further employment in the sector;
• Those wishing to advance their career in the sector;
• Those wishing to upskill or refresh their knowledge after time in the industry; and
• Those updating a previous qualification to maintain currency.
Certificate of Attainment – First Responders
You may be eligible to gain status for previous industry experience, studies in other courses or from
other training providers.
If you fit in this category enquire about RPL/RCC or credit transfers which could significantly shorten
your study requirements.